Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Thoughts on Crowdsourcing

I love it! Crowdsourcing that is. First of all, I am super excited for the frame drawing crowdsourcing assignment. The example from last semester looked rad and I cant wait to see what our class comes up with. I admit, it does feel a little weird handing over work to others that I feel as if I should be doing but   anxious to see what they come up with. The whole idea of crowd sourcing is so progressive and unique that I really want to explore different projects that utilize it in the future. I realized just the other day that this class wasnt my first encounter with crowdsourcing. Richard Linklater's film "Waking Life" is an epic example of crowdsourcing. I knew there was a reason I loved that film. Also, more relevant to some of the stuff I dream about doing, recently world renowned surf film director Taylor Steele came out with "Here and Now" which is a documentary of surfing but shot all in one day all over the world by many different filmmakers. It was awesome. I cant wait to experiment more with this, but first i look forward to the finishing of our classes project.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah! I completely forgot about Waking Life but that's a great example (and an early one, before Crowdsourcing took off).

    ReplyDelete