Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Film Manipulation:Reflection

The project of cameraless filmmaking was one of my favorite of all time. I not only learned some awesome and cool techniques for making unique films in the future but it also reaffirmed my love for physical, celluloid film. I have always wanted to work with 16mm and 8mm film ever since I first got an old minolta still film camera. I have a super 8 that doesnt work and a regular 8mm brownie but still have yet to be able to use them. I am excited not only to shoot and develop film with these but also, now, will be able to manipulate the film in ways that will make all my films unique to me. The idea of turning film into more hands on, in the getting dirty sense, has always been attractive to me and this gives me another outlet for that. When I shared this cameraless film with friends they all thought it was so rad, and it really wasnt even a film of anything besides somewhat random wild colors. This got me dreaming of what I could do with footage that is actually mine and I had a purpose to manipulate with. I am very excited for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment