Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rough Theatre Reflection

While reading the article assigned on rough theatre, so many similarities to film were running through my head. Especially in this class, the characteristics of rough theatre were very present. In each project there was this overall sense of doing something new and exploring unchartered territory. This made me nervous but also excited. These feelings while creating were definitely reflected in the films made because of the freedom and improvisation in this new world of film. For the anaglyph, film manipulation, bolex, and animation especially, our ability to be creative on the run was stretched for sure. I feel like this aspect of rough theatre has been somewhat lost in film today because of how much planning goes into making films. This is because to get funded you must present something solid and concrete to the money peoples. No one will give you money if you say "Im thinking of doing an animation, and I have all these items here but no solid plan, just gonna let it come to me." I think for this reason is why I enjoyed the freedom to create so much and I believe that it will have a lasting influence on me the rest of my film career.

No comments:

Post a Comment