Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Norman Mclaren- Thoughts

I saw colors and lines. These were no ordinary colors and lines. They were engaged in a dance with moves the likes I have never seen before. This dance was mesmerizing, abut it also sent me elsewhere. During the first and third act I was very engaged, hanging on ever detail and soaking in as much as I possibly could. During the second act, however, I found my mind had drifted elsewhere. I began thinking of my own art, then of my grumbling stomach, the still of how I would go about ceasing the disturbance in my belly. All the while gazing directly at the waltz up on the screen. I wonder which came first, the score or the cut? I think Norman cut this to the already existing score, but wouldn't it be rad if it was the other way around? I really enjoyed the experience of watching this film. I was amazed at some of the frames because of their complexity. I hope this class will help me understand better how this was made and even teach me to make similar art.

No comments:

Post a Comment